Friday, July 10, 2009

My Story

I've always been a good dancer. Never great...but always good. I was the one who showed off at the family reunion, or cookout, or block party. I loved rhythm, I loved hip hop and r&b music, and I loved moving.

I'm 29 now...30 in a few months and my obsession with all dance, but especially hip hop dance has done nothing but spread like wildfire and threaten to consume my life. So instead of writing a million facebook status updates complete with video and commentary, I thought I would start this blog. I needed an outlet to express my appreciation of dance and thank God for the internet. I would also love to share dialogue with like minded hip hop heads or dance nuts to talk about our favorite dancers, performances, songs to move to or dance classes. Its all about the community.

So please feel free to comment, promote your class, or tell me a story about how dancing has changed your life. I'm all ears!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I really like your tone. It's also very informative. I'd be curious to hear about some commentary in the trenches as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for reading. Definitely working on being more hands on in the dance community with interviews, videos and becoming more involved in the LA dance scene. Stay tuned...just working out the kinks!

    ReplyDelete